One of the most important places for your business to be seen is on Google Maps.
If you do not know what Google Maps listings are then you have been missing out on a lot of business.
You are literally losing money from not being seen by potential customers who search for your services on a daily basis.
It is a completely free service for your business that could generate your company a lot of new customers.
It is in your best interest to get your company listed ASAP.
What is a Google My Business listing?
Google My Business is Google’s very own local business directory.
It has been designed to allow local businesses and brands to be found easier within Google.
Direct from Google themselves:
[su_quote]Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organisations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.[/su_quote]
What are the benefits of Google My Business?
Below are 6 benefits of listing your business on Google My Business:
- Customers can find your business through the search engine
- Customers can easily contact your business
- You and your customers can share image of your business
- Customers can visit your business with Google Maps
- Customers can easily review your business
- You and your customers can add 360 images & virtual tours
How Do I Add My Business to Google Maps?
Follow the steps below to add your business to Google My Business:
- Go to Google My Business
- Enter Your Business Name and Address in the Search Box
- Select or Add Your Business
- Verify Your Business
- Confirm your Business. Set up a Google+ Page
How to Rank Higher on Google Maps 2017
Once you have added your business to Google My Business it is time to get your business listing higher in the Google Maps results and onto the first page of Google.
Below are some guidelines to improving your Google Maps Listing:
1. Get Google Reviews
One of the biggest ranking factors is Google Reviews!
Google My Business has probably the best review platforms on the internet and also the most powerful in terms of generating new leads for your business.
It is good practice to inform your customers of your Google Maps listing and ask them to review your service or product after they have used your company.
* Be warned that opening up your business for reviews will bring in the good and the bad.
2. Categories your Business Listing
When you create a listing on Google My Business, you are asked to choose a category/keyword for your business the best reflects your business.
In reality, you are allowed to choose up to 5 keywords/categories that best reflects your business.
Use the categories to better your Google Maps listing.
3. Embed a Google Map on Your Website
By embedding your Google Map on your website it gives Google another reason to trust your Google My Business and also enhance your website ranking in the search results.
Always list the same address, tel number and business name on your Google Maps listing as you have on your website.
Consistency is key for Local SEO.
4. Optimise the Listing Description
When entering a description for your business, use keywords that will enhance your business overall in the search engines.
5. Use a Local Telephone Number
Google My Business is a local service so it is best to use a local telephone number instead of a national telephone number.
6. Add Photos to the Listing
Google advises the sections of your listing that you need to add information. By adding photos to your Google Maps listing you do two things:
- It completes the whole listing and offers value to visitors to your profile
- Your listing will rank better with images that with out images – This is a fact.
Personally, I will advise every business to add their business to Google My Business (local and national) as it allows people to engage with your business.
If you want help ranking your Google My Business, contact Craig to get seen on page 1 of Google.